Date: 16th June 2018
BRITISH SCHOOLS CYCLING ASSOCIATION NATIONAL AND REGIONAL HILLCLIMB CHAMPIONSHIPS
Organisers: Solent Pirates Youth Cycling Club, Team Axiom & Ditcham Park Cycling Club
Contact: Shaun Lawrence
Promoted by: Solent Pirates Youth Cycling Club (SPYCC)
Registration: 0745 – 0945
Race: 1000 – 1330.
Online Entry only via Eventbrite – No entry on the day: Enter Here
Fees: £10.00 Early Bird until 20th May then £12.00 for both National & Regional Application
Note: Use promotional code: NatOnly to be entered for National Championships only and receive £2 discount off your ticket price
Click here to View British Cycling Schools Association 2016/17 Age Categories
Where to find us: It’s important that all attendees and competitors use the south drive entrance via Chalton village (PO8 0BG)
to allow for the course to be reviewed and prepared for the morning racing. The school is sign posted from Chalton village. (School post code – GU31 5RN) From the south/north (A3) take the exit towards Butser Hill/Hambledon/East Meon, Turn right onto Chalton Lane, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on Chalton Lane. Entrance Via (South Drive Only)
Registration will be held in the Gym building on the first floor between 0745 to 0945. All registration to be completed by 0945, prior to first start. Collect your race number and approx. start time. Keep hold of your race number as you’ll
be able to use this to obtain a free Hot dog from the BBQ.
- Bring your B.S.C.A membership card or your club membership number and produce it when you sign on or you will be charged a £2 day licence if you can’t provide proof of membership on the day.
- If you don’t have a card, proof of your affiliated club membership or private membership will be required.
- Start times are only guidelines and may be subject to change, ensure you are ready.
- Top three boys and girls in each region will receive a medal and a certificate.
- All bikes must be in full working order and must have brakes.
- Girls will be started just after the boys in each age category.
- Children competing in Regional & National Championships must compete in the events by their own efforts. We allow parents/guardians to ride/run alongside the U11 riders however no physical assistance or agressive encouragement can be given.
- Please stay clear of riders on their Hill Climb when riding down to your start. At no time is anyone allowed to impede the progress of another rider.
- Allow a good 10 minutes to roll down to the start line. The U9 to U11 will be escorted.
- The course will be well marshalled, for your information a local marathon is taking place during the event however we are managing both events.
- Club Tents & Gazeebos: We would really appreciate your support in helping us to achieve a more social area by centralising all the schools club tents and gazeebos,outside of the Gym building, on the edge of the sports field.
- Welfare: Changing facilities, toilets and refreshments will be available within the main Gym building. We are also planning a BBQ, at the end of the event (weather permitting!)
Next event for Yorkshire is the BSCA Circuit Championships on the 19th June 2018 at Richard Dunns.
Full info here:
For the rest of the dates, check our calendar page.
Full details of the Yorkshire Circuit races are here. A great event so get your entries in now!Entry Details Here.
The National and Southern Hard Track is cancelled due a clash of events. New date TBA – will advise ASAP.
BSCA is celebrating our 70th Anniversary @BSCA70YrsStrong #BSCA70YearsStong
Let’s take a look back to celebrate and see if you can name some of the youngsters who have progressed to National and International success in cycling.
Tao Geoghegan Hart
Chris Wreghitt who was National Open Cyclo-Cross Champion for 5 successive years starting in 1978 (in 1978 he was still a Sixth Former, but beat all the Cyclo-cross professionals. He rode for GB and later became a road pro himself for the Italian Bianchi team. He had won his first ESCA cyclo-cross title back in 1971 and also held the U13 and U15 time trial records for a while.)
Craig Cooke, Chris Boardman, Rob hayles , Emma Trott, Elinor Barker, Megan barker, Becky James, Megan James, ex chair and current BC board member Peter King, Peter Dibben, Kimberly English, Kimberley Keay (Blythe)
A date has now been set for this competition as per the information on the BSCA website. More information is on the website HERE. This is pre-enter only at the closing date is the 11th March due to the late decision on the date which was due to the volunteer, venue and equipment availability. We normally try to provide plenty of notice but better to run the event than not at all. We hope you understand.
Best All Rounder is an annual competition that recognises the competitors who have achieved the highest points in each age competition. Regions often also run their own BAR competitions. For the National BAR, a rider needs to complete, and score points, in a minimum of three events. Winners will receive a Jersey, small prize and certificate. Can you please send any corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 14th September 2017 as well as up to date addresses of the Jersey Winners. If riders wish to purchase their own skinsuit, that can be arranged at a price TBA.
NATIONAL BAR 2016-17
Revised Yorks BAR 2016-17
Here is the programme for the event this Sunday. There is a Go Ride Grass track at 11am before the main event.
BSCA Nat grass Programme 2016-17
Sorry about the delay but here is the start list for Saturday’s event. The programme will be posted tomorrow.