Date: 17th June 2017
BRITISH SCHOOLS CYCLING ASSOCIATION NATIONAL AND REGIONAL HILL CLIMB CHAMPIONSHIPS
Picture of the Event:
Ditcham Park School
Organisers: Solent Pirates Youth Cycling Club, Team Axion & Ditcham Park Cycling Club
Contact: Shaun Lawrence
Promoted by: Solent Pirates Youth Cycling Club (SPYCC)
Registration: 0745 – 0945
Race: 1000 – 1330.
Fees: £10.00 Early Bird until 20th May then £12.01 for both National & Regional Application
Note: Use promotional code: NatOnly to be entered for National Championships only and receive £2 discount off your ticket price
Link to Online Pre Entry System – No Entry on the Day.
Click here to View British Cycling Schools Association 2016/17 Age Categories
Where to find us: It’s important that all attendees and competitors use the south drive entrance via Chalton village (PO8 0BG)
to allow for the course to be reviewed and prepared for the morning racing. The school is sign posted from Chalton village. (School post code – GU31 5RN) From the south/north (A3) take the exit towards Butser Hill/Hambledon/East Meon, Turn right onto Chalton Lane, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit and stay on Chalton Lane. Entrance Via (South Drive Only)
Registration will be held in the Gym building on the first floor between 0745 to 0945. All registration to be completed by 0945, prior to first start. Collect your race number and approx. start time. Keep hold of your race number as you’ll
be able to use this to obtain a free Hot dog from the BBQ.
- Bring your B.S.C.A membership card or your club membership number and produce it when you sign on or you will be charged a £2 day licence if you can’t provide proof of membership on the day.
- If you don’t have a card, proof of your affiliated club membership or private membership will be required.
- Start times are only guidelines and may be subject to change, ensure you are ready.
- Top three boys and girls in each region will receive a medal and a certificate.
- All bikes must be in full working order and must have brakes.
- Girls will be started just after the boys in each age category.
- Children competing in Regional & National Championships must compete in the events by their own efforts. We allow parents/guardians to ride/run alongside the U11 riders however no physical assistance or agressive encouragement can be given.
- Please stay clear of riders on their Hill Climb when riding down to your start. At no time is anyone allowed to impede the progress of another rider.
- Allow a good 10 minutes to roll down to the start line. The U9 to U11 will be escorted.
- The course will be well marshalled, for your information a local marathon is taking place during the event however we are managing both events.
- Club Tents & Gazeebos: We would really appreciate your support in helping us to achieve a more social area by centralising all the schools club tents and gazeebos,outside of the Gym building, on the edge of the sports field.
- Welfare: Changing facilities, toilets and refreshments will be available within the main Gym building. We are also planning a BBQ, at the end of the event (weather permitting!)